INSIGHTEC enters the exciting field of Neurosurgery with Exablate Neuro. Exablate Neuro is the first focused ultrasound device approved by the FDA to treat medication refractory essential tremor patients with non-invasive MR-guided focused ultrasound thalamotomy.
- Offers immediate results - Clinically significant reduction of tremor immediately post-procedure.
- Non Invasive treatment for Essential tremors , Parkinson disease
- FDA Approved
- MR guided Focused Ultrasound combines two proven technologies - High intensity focused ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- Non-invasive MR-guided focused ultrasound thalamotomy provides anatomical localization and physiological verification for fine tuning of the target before final ablation.
- MR imaging delivers high resolution anatomical imaging as well as real-time thermal feedback for treatment monitoring for patient safety
- This innovative technology has been developed to allow sub-millimeter target movement and lesions as small as 2mm for treatment control.
- The neuravive procedure is performed without a craniotomy and with no implanted hardware, minimizing or eliminating the risk of bleeding and infection. The patient is awake and able to see and experience the immediate results.
- Focused ultrasound is performed in a single session in an MRI suite, often on an outpatient basis where the patients go home the same day returning to normal activity within days